● Listening consists of four sections, each with one recording. The recording comprises ten questions. You are allowed to hear the recording only once. The questions can be asked in formats like multiple choice, table completion, summary completion, diagram labelling etc.
● Speaking consists of three parts and is conducted by a trained examiner. The first part consists of an introduction and interview, followed by a long turn and discussion. In the long turn, you will be given a task card. You will have to discuss the topic given in the cue card.
For IELTS Academic
● Reading consists of three passages which usually cover topics of general interest. Questions are asked in different forms like matching information, multiple-choice, sentence endings etc.
● Writing consists of two compulsory tasks. In the first one, you need to describe the given diagram or data in at least 150 words. In the second task, you will be given a problem. You need to provide a solution to the problem in at least 250 words.
For IELTS General Training
● Reading consists of three sections. The texts in the units are taken from notices, leaflets, books, magazines etc. The language level of these texts is higher as compared to IELTS Academic.
● Writing consists of two tasks of general interest. You are required to respond to the given situation in the form of a letter. You have to write 150 words in 20 minutes. In the next task, you need to provide a solution to a given problem. You need to write 250 words in 40 minutes.
Understood the basic format of the IELTS exam? All set to start your preparation now? Let us help you with that. Yes! Get the best IELTS training with Mindmine Global. No need to search for the ‘best IELTS coaching near me’ or ‘IELTS training near me’ anymore! Access the best IELTS coaching with us.
If you don’t feel safe stepping out of your house in these pandemic times, you can take our online classes. Sounds incredible, right? Get the best IELTS online coaching with Mindmine Global.
Connect with us today!